While live casinos are extremely popular and offer a good selection of games, one game that is a rare find is live keno. Keno is considered one of the oldest gambling games: some people believe it originated way back in 200 BC in China, though there is no official documentation to confirm this. Live Keno uses a real dealer, not an RNG, to conduct the game. You can chat with the dealer during a game.
In this article we cover the following aspects of live Keno:
- Top live Keno Casinos
- How to Play Live Keno
- Software Providers that develop the game
- Live Keno FAQ
Top Live Dealer Keno Casinos
The following is a list of casinos with live dealer Keno games.
The Game of Live Dealer Keno
Live dealer Keno is played with 80 numbers. There is a bowl of 80 numbered balls; they form the core of the game. On your screen you get a slip with the numbers on it. You have to choose up to 8 (some casinos allow you to choose 9) numbers and place wagers on them. The dealer then starts drawing the numbers from the bowl. At least 4 numbers that you chose should match the numbers drawn out by the dealer for you to start winning.
Software Providers Offering Live Dealer Keno
As of now, Ezugi is the only software provider that offers live Keno to casino operators and players. Ezugi is a specialist software provider that caters only to the live dealer casino industry. The company was launched in 2013 and has made a name for itself as a provider of high quality live dealer games. The games are streamed from their studios in:
- Costa Rica
Apart from live Keno, other unique games from Ezugi include live lottery and Wheel of Dice.
Live Dealer Keno Features
The following are some of the game’s features:
- Available in no download instant play mode.
- 20 out of the 80 balls are drawn per game.
- Betting is simple and fast and there are a range of betting options to choose from.
- Bet options available allow to cover a minimum of 1 ball and a maximum of 8 balls.
- 2 modes of display available: classic and full-screen.
- HD quality graphics and extremely high quality sound.
- Live chat option available that allows you to chat with the dealer.
- Continuously streaming video feed.
- Operators can configure the number of balls to select.
- Available as a mini game that you can play while playing slots or table games.
Playing Live Dealer Keno
To play a game you will need the following:
- A computer or laptop with a high-end graphics card to ensure smooth gameplay.
- A strong Internet connection that is completely secure to ensure seamless and continuous play.
- A good mobile device if you are looking to play mobile live Keno.
The objective is simple: to try and match the numbers called out with the ones you have selected on the ticket shown on-screen.
How Live Dealer Keno Works
- Click the Live Dealer Casino or Live Casino tab of your online casino.
- From the list of games available, select Live Keno.
- You will find the video feed loading. The betting layout is seen at the bottom of the screen.
- Place your bets and choose your numbers.
- You can use the information available on screen – payouts, wagering history, and others – as reference while placing your bets.
- The bet range per game is between £1 and £50.
- There is a fixed time within which you have to place your bets; this time is kept using a timer that counts down to zero.
- Once the numbers are selected and the bets placed you get a sign that says No More Bets.
- The dealer starts drawing the numbers from the bowl. The numbers are between 1 and 80 and each draw uses 20 numbers.
- If the numbers drawn match the numbers you have wagered on you are awarded wins. How much you win depends on:
- How many numbers you have wagered on
- How many of the drawn numbers match the ones wagered on
- Once a game is over the winnings are paid out and it is time for the next game.
Most casinos have a time of 2-3 minutes for each game. Should you enter the game in the middle of a draw you will have to wait till the round ends. Also, there is an option called Pick for Me that ensures you do not have to pick; the system picks up 8 numbers at random for you.
Bets and Payouts in Live Dealer Keno
The minimum and maximum bets are £1 and £50 respectively. The payout odds are listed on the screen itself. This is a dynamic chart; the numbers on this chart vary depending on the number of balls you intend to cover with a specific bet amount. The following is the list of payouts depending on the number of hits:
- 4 hits – 4:1.
- 5 hits – 15:1.
- 6 hits – 50:1.
- 7 hits – 200:1.
- 8 hits – 1500:1.
Live Dealer Keno for Mobile Devices
Ezugi’s live Keno game has been developed on the HTML5 platform, which is why this game is available at mobile casinos as well. This game is compatible with the following mobile platforms:
You can access the game from a smartphone or tablet running on Android – like a Samsung Galaxy phone, Sony Experia and others – and also from a range of iPhones and iPads.
Playing the games on the mobile platform is easy: log in to a casino directly on the mobile device and play the game for real money. You can log in using an existing account opened at the online version of the casino, or open a fresh account directly on the mobile device.
Live Dealer Keno FAQs
The draw in a game is usually 20 numbers from the 80 in the bowl. You need to get at least 4 of them right to win.
The time interval between games is very brief, anywhere between 2 to 3 minutes at the most.
The payout in depends on how many numbers you get right and how much you bet. It starts with a 4:1 payout for getting 4 numbers right and goes right up to 1500:1 for getting 8 numbers right.